![]() |
| Martin Scorsese |
Even without those to whom queueing seems to be an alien passtime, I was still 40 from the front when the doors closed. Eagle eyed watchers of any film coverage of the screening will probably spot at least 60 empty seats scattered throughout the theatre.
This annoying trend, magnified annually by the seeming inability to organise things better, makes one ask whether it's worth the cost - there is also a growing reluctance to allow bonafide journalists into press conferences in favour of autograph humters. What's the Italian for 'do you sell the Radio Times'?

That's so disappointing. Have you managed to see any of the films yet? I read that there was an awful storm in Venice before you got there - has the weather improved now?
ReplyDeleteAs it's an Italian retrospective most major films (as I might call them) are in short supply. The Mostra have removed most of the early morning viewings so that only the daily press benefit.Sometimes they forget that the audiences might want to read something that lasts a litte longer than overnight.
ReplyDelete