Well I was ready for the new Torchwood ‘Miracle Day’, as the trailer asked, but I was sorely disappointed. While I’m not a lover of Cardiff as location for the original Torchwood, I was certainly in the ‘bring back the old times’ mood by the end of this episode. Sorry Russell T, but I wasn’t convinced this time round. Whether it’s your writing, which I doubt, or the director’s interpretation, but this was typical US TV noise - lots of garbled dialogue, huge amounts of flashing electronics, explosions, gunfire and dramatic music - signifying absolutely nothing.
There were more betrayals, guns and double dealing than an episode of 24 (choose any series for info). Gwen seems to have more potent hardware than an ARV, while the guy on the crutches was less convincing than Daffy Duck. Of course I’ll be watching the next episode with ‘fatal fascination’ – meaning I don’t really want to see any more, but it has the same effect as toothache - it’ll get better eventually, but at the moment I can probably stand the pain.
No comments:
Post a Comment